Professional Development & Competency-Based and Longevity Add-On Classes – The Academy offers a variety of specialized, professional development classes throughout the year covering a wide array of topics and additional mandatory training. Examples of topics include but aren’t limited to:
- Behavior Support/Crisis Intervention, Trauma Informed Care, Communication
- Ethics for DSPs, Essential Role of the DSP
- History of Developmental Disabilities/Intellectual Disabilities
- Role of the Supervisor
- Planning for Compliance Reviews
- Improving Staff Retention & Satisfaction
- And many others
Supervisor Series Classes - Offers an in-depth understanding of topics essential to both new and experienced supervisors. Can be conducted as stand-alone classes or presented as a series of Innovative Supervisor Skills (four-part sessions). Example topics include:
- Building, Guiding Managing and Monitoring Your Team
- Techniques to Address Difficult Employees
- Supervisory Communication
- Strengths-Based Supervision
Specialized First Responder Personnel Crisis Intervention – In-Depth training for all First Responders focusing on the challenges of approaching people who have Autism, ID (intellectual disabilities) and people who have received a Dual Diagnoses (Mental Health with Developmental Disabilities).
Trainers offer an understanding of the challenges that the first responder faces and how they can make a difference by recognizing first, then using skills learned in class with new approach methods.
For more information, call 513-237-2449 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.